Enhancement: Actual Date/Time as a Sensor (Human readable)

Тема: Enhancement: Actual Date/Time as a Sensor (Human readable)

Hi Guys,

i would like to have a sensortype (or virtual sensor) that included the actual human readable Date/Time (including the timezone etc.).
Idea would be: i can use it in mouse over / tooltip / monitoring Panel to show different stati with the time they happened.
Here: First time on a day that a specific sensor was activated. And of cause i also need the possibility to reset that by a TASK.

Any better ideas / enhancements?

Thanks

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Re: Enhancement: Actual Date/Time as a Sensor (Human readable)

Thank you, Wolf.

Can you share also some business cases, when this sensor can be helpful?
If we need to create a new type of sensor and a new type of job, then the feature should be really desired by our customers to compare efforts and profit.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Tatsiana, mainly it is driven by the wish to get somehow start of working time and duration of working time into the monitoring window (for digital tacho users), see also my request / locationGPS request on https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=12378 (already got 3 people wishing it).
So the task in the above link is more importand, but in general it makes the platform more flexible to have a sensor that can have a timestamp: you can create all kind of sensors and trigger them by physical inputs or other clever notification schemes.

Example (exept the working time): you have different kind of engines / constructian mashines and want to have always on your eyes the actual status of events. At the moment you need to show sensors and a sensor can be on or off. But mostly you want to know when this sensor was the last time on/off or the first time on/off. For this you need to create a report and the report shows it.

After long discussions with existing customers my conclusion is that users just lazy and want to have all information without moving the hand/mouse/finger... So if such kind of "stati" can be shown as sensor it would make Wialon more flexible and cool ;-)

But.... More importand ==https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=12378

Thanks
Wolf.

wwbusch aka Buwo, I'm sure that you know, that we have an option "Time" in sensors, that shows how long the value of the sensor parameter remains unchanged.  It should be useful meanwhile in your example. Or what is missing in solving this case?

And also we review the issue by the link but have no answer yet.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi Tatsiana,

(since 15min, 22 Seconds) is something different than "Since 06:15:23".

But in general maybe a compromise, i will play with that.

Thanks
Wolf.