Mobile App for Driving Logbook

Тема: Mobile App for Driving Logbook

We appreciate that there is an app for Driving Logbook within Wialon platform however...

Only way to use Driving Logbook app is to login and access via PC by user. Drivers cannot access it direct to select a trip mode from vehicle without PC,

To do so would be both laborious and clients do not what to provide and manage 100+ drivers with Wialon platform access....

Only way to use Driving Logbook is to have each Driver manually write trip mode on paper and submit to their office at end of week, only for them to then manually go into each of the drivers and manually change according to the paperwork the driver provided them.

If a mobile app was developed to integrate Direct from driver input to PC Wialon Driver Logbook app, it would be perfect. (Hope this makes sense)

Currently competitors have (and have had for years) a mobile based App that allows the driver to open the app and select trip mode, business/private - trip mode is set, simple.

Trip Mode is then set within the competitor platform from where internal personnel can simply pull down a Log Book based report (plus use mode parameter for other reports) that can then be used for accounting & Tax or any other purpose as needed.

Very, easy, quick and simple and it isn't GPS device type related (use any GPS device, OBD, hardwired). This is very common and is a simple app, all the app does when opened by driver, competitor I saw recently, asks driver to choose driving mode, Business/Private/Commute, once driver chooses it then asks for Notes if any need to be added - if no they simply select OK, then the app closes. Driver only needs to use app when he needs to change trip mode otherwise it remains in last selected mode - can be amended by office if needed.

The limited ability of Driving Logbook app within Wialon platform makes it useless to most customers and accordingly it has not been used by any of our own customers to date for this reason. It is not viable to because it is such a "manual" solution by nature of design and creates additional admin work for office - fine if they have only 2 or 3 drivers but even then, is too manual with office needing to manually input/change etc. It creates additional work, essentially actually making the use of a written logbook easier and quicker!

I would be keen to see thoughts from others and also from the Gurtam developers. smile

Thanks.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Re: Mobile App for Driving Logbook

sitting here and dreaming about cool enhancements of the Wialon App and locking on an advertising of a "professional" driving logbook OBD system i am wondering if it could be possible to swipe on the trips of a day and choose the fields i can chose in driving logbook app and add a comment...
Later i can log into Wialon and just printout my already finalised driving logbook...

Just a wish...

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

We also think this would be a great function.
Ability to change status business/Private or add command to a trip with an APP on clients smartphone. So client can change or add note while he still is in the car, and can do this directly is a great selling point!

Hello,

guys, if its possible, could you please set a deadline for the application if you are sure that you will be develop and implement it?

thank you in advance!

BR,

Ognyan

ogich пишет:

Hello,

guys, if its possible, could you please set a deadline for the application if you are sure that you will be develop and implement it?

Who said something about implementation? It seems that Gurtam have no such plans. Or
am I wrong?

kalaschnikow пишет:

kalaschnikow

kalaschnikow

I am not aware that Gurtam have plans to implement either? Unless I have got something wrong also.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Hi FleetPursuit, kalaschnikow, ogich, Dennis

Thank you for you feedback!

We will evaluate it, come to the viable solution and rate it against other improvements planned to be executed in Wialon.

I will keep you posted on the desion in this thread.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Hi FleetPursuit, kalaschnikow, ogich, Dennis!

Thank you for your patience. We reviewed the problem described and would like to propose you the following:

• Traffic Coordinator logins on his or her PC and opens Driver Logbook and shares the link with the drivers.
  • In order to make UI more mobile-friendly Traffic Coordinator may choose only those columns that are needed in order to identify the Trip by clicking Mobile App for Driving Logbook
    icon in the top right corner of the table.
  • Drivers open the link on the mobile devices choose the object and timespan and set status for their trips and optionally enter comments.

Please note, there are several known issues with the mobile view at the moment that should be fixed prior to successful usage.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the proposed solution. Please note that your comments here are valuable and would fasten the bug fixes in case if you agree with the proposed solution.

Thank you for your time and effort to help us imrove Wialon!

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

Hi Guys,

i think a "mobile" Link per "Vehicle" would be ok for the moment (and easy to implement).
Of cause a simple and easy solution in Wialon (for Mobile) would be better. (Maybe in the future?)

For the mobile App, the default view should be "Sort by tripdate DESC" so that newest trip is shown on the top!
Than it would be easier for driver to just fill the logbook after each trip.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hi pavb

For me, when I tried opening link on mobile it came up with an "Error", so I am unable to provide any feedback.

Would it not be a lot easier to create a very basic mobile App to integrate with Driving Logbook on PC?

I just did a quick mock-up to explain what I mean - see attached image,

• Mobile App for Driving Logbook
Onwards and Upwards!!

Hi wwbusch aka Buwo, FleetPursuit,

Thank you for your feedback! We will take it into consideration in further development.

FleetPursuit,

special thanks for the mock-up. The idea is clear, however, there are no plans for the application development at the moment. Nonetheless, we still aim to provide you a convinient solution to the problem. I will post another message here once the bugs on mobile view are fixed.

Pavel Bushuyeu
Product Owner, Mobile
Gurtam

pavb пишет:

Hi wwbusch aka Buwo, FleetPursuit,

Thank you for your feedback! We will take it into consideration in further development.

FleetPursuit,

special thanks for the mock-up. The idea is clear, however, there are no plans for the application development at the moment. Nonetheless, we still aim to provide you a convinient solution to the problem. I will post another message here once the bugs on mobile view are fixed.

Oh well, we will simply advice future customers requiring this ability that we will not be able to assist them and if they need this capability to go to our competitors.

Today I will call the latest one we are currently working with for 300 units, where this ability is one of their mandatory requirements, and advise that we have to cancel our submitted proposal as we can confirm it is not something we can provide. We were sitting in number 2 place to win this contract as they loved the platform capabilities/functionality (exceeded all competition) which had us at number 1 but for the lack of logbook ability put us at number 2 choice.

We will look to outsource an app solution of our own as this will make it approx. 500+ units we have lost in the past several months by not being able to provide what seems easy for our competitors to do. We have already sought costings and what would be involved and advice was that it would not be difficult as it is really something simple, after all the only thing the app would need to do is send a parameter to Wialon that could be later reported as needed. Much like we do now with GPS Tag & WiaTag.

We do have the option to provide simple log booking but only if they use WiaTag or GPSTag, but not for hardware GPS device options - sadly most want a hardwired GPS device option.

Thanks anyway.

Onwards and Upwards!!

FleetPursuit пишет:

We will look to outsource an app solution of our own as this will make it approx. 500+ units we have lost in the past several months by not being able to provide what seems easy for our competitors to do.

This will need some investment and will take some time, but this would be the simplest solution. But speak with Gurtam first. The interface can be changed, Gurtam can later offer his own solution etc.

Advanced scoping has already indicated it should not cost a huge investment, advice suggests it needs only basics to send 3 parameters.

Similar to we created for wiatag & gps tag - param#0 = Business, param#1 = Private & param#2 = Commute. From this you simply create sensors accordingly in wialon in order to  capture and generate reports. This is all that has to be sent by the app, 3 x params.

Onwards and Upwards!!

After it is developed, please post your results here. I think, it would be interesting for all.

Yes, others might like to purchase access to our app.

Onwards and Upwards!!

i am just coming in this forum and this topic is very important for french customer. In France we have a special organism ( CNIL) which give regulation regarding the right of worker to have a private life even when they are driving for an employer . So regarding this regulation we have a lot of customer requesting a solution for handle this point; Our competitor as Tomtom or other have différents option but also a basic app which allow the driver to set up : working or private mode. When the driver is in private mode the GPS device continue to send all  information but on the web site the trace is not displayed but mileage are recording . This kind of apps don't solve all the point but allow to partially respond to the wish of customer .This app also avoid to have a special switch in the vehicle or a special terminal like TomTom 2020 for exemple.  To be complete on Wialon we need to have a parameter ( private mode ) coming from this app or coming from the input of a device. When this parameter is set up the trace is not displayed  and the address of the véhicule is the last one before parameter private set to one. Regarding this app the driver should be in the driver list and the identification
for the connexion could be by the customer name and the driver ID . I have already talking about this particular point with my Sales manager but it seems that there is not road map for this request.

Georges  Geoloc

GE пишет:

i am just coming in this forum and this topic is very important for french customer. In France we have a special organism ( CNIL) which give regulation regarding the right of worker to have a private life even when they are driving for an employer . So regarding this regulation we have a lot of customer requesting a solution for handle this point; Our competitor as Tomtom or other have différents option but also a basic app which allow the driver to set up : working or private mode. When the driver is in private mode the GPS device continue to send all  information but on the web site the trace is not displayed but mileage are recording . This kind of apps don't solve all the point but allow to partially respond to the wish of customer .This app also avoid to have a special switch in the vehicle or a special terminal like TomTom 2020 for exemple.  To be complete on Wialon we need to have a parameter ( private mode ) coming from this app or coming from the input of a device. When this parameter is set up the trace is not displayed  and the address of the véhicule is the last one before parameter private set to one. Regarding this app the driver should be in the driver list and the identification
for the connexion could be by the customer name and the driver ID . I have already talking about this particular point with my Sales manager but it seems that there is not road map for this request.

Hi GE,

This has been our stumbling block with a number of customers, in fact we are now losing a client this week after after a number of years, because of drivers not wanting to be tracked after hours - they are refusing to use or have the tracking in their vehicles. Drivers would not mind using if they would not be able to be tracked in private mode, The client reluctantly is moving to a competitor that can provide this, they are very reluctant to leave us but have no option.

We, up until about 4 years ago were only selling TomTom before moving away from them due to many factors. Drivers being able to easily manage their Logbook mode direct from the vehicle proved invaluable particularly for our tax regulations here. PLUS having  the ability of driver having privacy by not being tracked when Private mode was selected, while the company would still have the mileage recorded was very valuable against competitors.

An ability we have sadly lost.

Onwards and Upwards!!

(22/08/2018 22:12:05 отредактировано mooslee)

Hello all

How can use  Mobile app for driving logbook? Please share a process with me.???

Thank you in advance.

driving lessons lichfield

GE, the solution we have for your right now is to inject special processing script between tracking device and Wialon and clear coordinates for messages in private mode. Please see this simple step by step guide.
At the same time Wialon works onto embedding such functionality in the platform itself.

At the dark side of telematics...