Connection lost with speed

Тема: Connection lost with speed

Dear Gurtam,

We are using many devices in GSM roaming coverage.
Our devices mostly are from Teltonika, and we are using sleep option.
During stop devices do not send any messages.
Sometimes last message sent before stop has speed value from 0 to 10 km/h
When we loosing GSM connection during trip the speed is mostly more than 10km/h. The reason of connection lost is going via tunel, or GSM problem.

We try to use notification with connection lost to detect this GSM problem, but it also notify as when device is on stop.

We need speed option in connection lost notification like in address notification

Re: Connection lost with speed

The problem is still current.

How to define nottification about connection lost only when speed is above 10km?

Your idea is clear, but we should think about it efficiency. There is no support from other forum members, but we'll try to find it outside.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

the thing in my eyes is: ok, you get notification, what you do then? there is a reason why device does not send any data.
It comes always after a while back. So do you ping the HW manualy by SMS if connection lost? Or do you want to do it automaticaly?

Why dont you let the device send in sleep mode every hour a "ping hello here  i am".
Than there is maximum of 1 hour delay...
and traffic is just 720kbyte more (in worst case) per month.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

the thing in my eyes is: ok, you get notification, what you do then? there is a reason why device does not send any data.
It comes always after a while back. So do you ping the HW manualy by SMS if connection lost? Or do you want to do it automaticaly?

Why dont you let the device send in sleep mode every hour a "ping hello here  i am".
Than there is maximum of 1 hour delay...
and traffic is just 720kbyte more (in worst case) per month.

Wolf.

We have situation when clients asks as, what happend, why there is no information about position and he know that car is in move. We make test by SMS, explain, etc. We want to be faster than clients if something goes wrong, and not to be suprised by them.

We do not use deep sleep, so we have ping at stop.

We need to detect transmission problem very fast during the trip (>10km/h), data are sent about every 30s.

Time is critical. We need to know as fast as it iss possible that car was in move but transmission stoped.