Manual trip odometer

Тема: Manual trip odometer

Hello G-Team!

We have requests from customers to have "trip odometer" (indepent from the "unit odometer - mileage counter" we already have), where the customer can push a button on each vehicle to reset to zero that odometer.  They need it to determine, as an easy and fast way, the distance from point A to point B.

I will sugest to show this trip odometer in Unit´s tooltip and we can have the reseating option (button), in the menu we have when we click the unit´s icon in the map, (I have attached a picture as sugested).

Hoping most of distributors want this option and can be implemented.
Best regards,

Jary Hernández

• Manual trip odometer

Manual trip odometer

Re: Manual trip odometer

Calamp does it using the ignition or moving as trigger

Manual trip odometer

--
Spread the AVL- World

Manual trip odometer

(07/02/2017 17:23:53 отредактировано jhdeguate)

Hello small_gprs and thanks for your response!

This topic I created on "Features Requests & Enhancements", as it was a development request, BUT for no reason someone move it to here ("Working with Wialon").

We are requesting to have the option for a "trip odometer" to be "reseatable" for the final user and has to be setup from Wialon (software), not from the GPS hardware itself, but I think the Gurtam Developing Team did not understand my request or I did not explain myself...

Hoping someone from the G-Team reads this message/explanation  and move this topic back to "Features Requests & Enhancements"...

Manual trip odometer

jhdeguate , your topic is back to "Features Requests & Enhancements"
Let's try to find solution to this situation.
Purpose of your request is not clear enough. If it's just to know "the distance from point A to point B", then you can build a track or request messages for interval and get the distance (or a report, that is more flexible and informative).
From the other side it looks ineffective, if the customer should catch the moment when unit is in point B to get an information about the distance. Some minutes delaying - and unit has another position and the wrong distance..

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Manual trip odometer

Hello Tata... It seems I did not explain myself... As you see on any vehicle it has the acumulated odometer since new (we already have that on the unit preferences), and the vehicles also have "Trip Odometer" (some vehicles have even two), where the driver can set it to cero and "measure " the distance for their needs, they can be a single trip, a multiple trip, anything the user may want...

This will help any final user, for example if they are going to have a very long trip that will take several days but they want to know exactly the covered distance (without having to go to make a report), they will have it in a easy way.

Hope I explained myself at this time.
Best regards,

Jary Hernandez

Manual trip odometer

The benefit of its usage is still unclear
If it's for driver, then it's supposed, that he has trip odometer in his car and has the ability to see it in any time and get the accurate information, but he may not have a computer with ability to use Hosting.
If operator in office needs this feature, than he cannot control driver in any time, and to be exact is better to use report.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam