Add a Notification Trigger for New Speed Violation

Тема: Add a Notification Trigger for New Speed Violation

Now that we have the new speeding based on posted speed limit, I would like the ability for this to trigger a notification. Currently speeding is based on a fixed number range rather than proportional to the posted speed limit.  I know this is a new feature and the notification would probably come in time, but I thought I would mention it.

Re: Add a Notification Trigger for New Speed Violation

odcbuilds, we do not have plans to support notification in current system due to high latency in such processing. The internal implementation of notifications behaviour should be changed first. And when we will change it or propose the new module, then one of the first events to handle there will be speed limit of course.

At the dark side of telematics...

I am very pleased to see posted speed limits, great addition, but I not sure I understand the reason for declining this request.  We should have the ability to use notifications against posted speed limits as does the competition.  The threshold for when a notification is sent can be matter of debate.

Hi Fleetlogik,

i think this is a performance problem:

checking speed of vehicle against a "trigger" somewhere in RAM of server (with vehicle table) is much more performant than checking each new message received by vehicle against "reverse geocoding, checking in database about speed limits".
Just imagine you have thousends of vehicles how much performance you need for it! Performance = ressources = additional costs.

Maybe there can be done some "Post-Processing"? for example a report user can start and the report check somehow in the night the speed alarms offline (as post processing)?

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Yep, it can(and will) be done with variety of methods, but not possible in current notifications. Yes due to latency in detection of overspeed. Like it is now not poffible to detect fuel fillings in realtime, but we are working on this anyway.

At the dark side of telematics...

I would like to add a bump to this thread. We have a huge desire with our customer base for this feature to be added as customer would like instant notifications around employee's driving behaviors so they can call/coach at time of occurrence.

Best Regards,
EP

The situation hasn't changed since.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

up

Can we get an update on redesign for notifications that includes the speed by road violations.

Still no news...

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

This would be a great addition to the notification API.

m-ram, I agree with you! But we'll see.

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Hello,
why is not created this option?
there is notifciation for fix speed but not for street alert.
Thanks

Locating things

Often we are running into this same issue whenever we demonstrate Wialon to potential clients and we get into discussion of why this type of notification is not available "like their current system".

RE: Clients want to get a speeding notification based on street
> speed limits (currently it only allows us to set a global maximum/minimum, but they want to setup a notification for example 20kmh over the posted speed limit).

Just to add more information; this feature is available in many of North American tracking products:

1. GeoTab/GoFleet - USA
2. FleetMatics - USA
3. FleetFreedom - Canada
4. BSM Wireless/WebTech - Canada

I believe NexTraq (USA) does as well, as do Shaw and PeopleNet (USA).

Some others have also posted in the forum from various countries who say that other competitors in those areas also offer it, so I would imagine this is a widely available feature.