Teltonika FM5500

Тема: Teltonika FM5500

Hello All

I'm having a problem to set the APN by SMS command for a Teltonika FM5500.

I'm only using one SIM card in the tracker.

I understand the command structure but can't find a way to change the APN for the first SIM card.

I tried: setparam 0242 APN and get response: WARNING: Not supported Param ID or Value detected: 242

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Teltonika FM5500

Re: Teltonika FM5500

Hello again

Just realised that I was using FM5300 manual.

For info to all:

To change APN for SIM 1: <user> <password> 0165 APN
To change APN for SIM 2: <user> <password> 0168 APN

Teltonika FM5500

Hi Roberto,

Happy to hear you found the solution. And thanks for sharing your findings with the rest of us!

Esteban

- Esteban Hunt
------
Un filósofo griego dijo una vez: "Es bueno saber de dónde venimos y dónde estamos. Nos ayuda a no perder el rumbo de adónde vamos"
Y otro le contestó: "¿Probaste Wialon Logistics?" ;-D

Teltonika FM5500

are you sure its 0165? i remember that you need to set profile... in 5300 you have 4 profiles, so 0165 is profile 0?

Wolf

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Teltonika FM5500

Hello Wolf

You indeed have 4 profiles, both for the FM5300 and FM5500. However, the APNs are global parameters, independent from the profiles. That is why there is the "0" at the beginning, as if global parameters were profile zero.

Best

Teltonika FM5500

Hello there
I'm trying to send a SMS command to force device to switch from profile 1 to profile 3 on FM5300 device but I doesn't work. As usual the Teltonika manual never works and official support would help me in 2 years maybe if I'm lucky.  Manual said 2 spaces before command in case of not define user and password at "SMS Setting Config" configuration tool; no authorized phone # define so it must receive SMS from all phones.
Have anyone what were wrong? Have anyone tried sms config on FM5300.
Thanks for suggestions.

Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений FM5300 SMS Config.xcf 220.34 Кб, файл был скачан 647 раз(а) 

Teltonika FM5500

stanleyjr
Pls specify sms.

must be: spacespace loadprofile3

Eduard Vald / GoGPS Service
www.gogps.eu

Teltonika FM5500

Hi there!
Now I'm working with this device FM5300 and I want to know more information of it specially about this communication with SMS(Short Message Service) that helps to create a control remote between the device and my computer.
If you have any information i will really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Teltonika FM5500

hfloresh28 Please clarify what do you mean

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Teltonika FM5500

I mean that I need more information about the type of code that I have to use with SMS communication. I read about binary code and command methods but I don't know which one works better or which one could help me to send info to the device

Teltonika FM5500

hfloresh28 пишет:

I mean that I need more information about the type of code that I have to use with SMS communication. I read about binary code and command methods but I don't know which one works better or which one could help me to send info to the device

Hi

If you use a mobile phone or a GSM modem connected to your PC with a software to send SMS, then you can send commands in plain text format. The syntax is always <user> <password> Command Profile n°+ParameterID NewParameter. For example, to set the port (Parameter ID: 246) on profile 3 to the port used in Wialon for FM5500 (Port: 21309) you would send an SMS like this:

<user> <password> setparam 3246 21309

In this example:

Command = setparam
Profile n°+ParameterID = 3246
NewParameter = 21309

Never tried to send a command directly through the platform so can't help you on this side.

Best

Robert

Teltonika FM5500

hfloresh28 пишет:

Hi

If you use a mobile phone or a GSM modem connected to your PC with a software to send SMS, then you can send commands in plain text format. The syntax is always <user> <password> Command Profile n°+ParameterID NewParameter. For example, to set the port (Parameter ID: 246) on profile 3 to the port used in Wialon for FM5500 (Port: 21309) you would send an SMS like this:

<user> <password> setparam 3246 21309

In this example:

Command = setparam
Profile n°+ParameterID = 3246
NewParameter = 21309

Never tried to send a command directly through the platform so can't help you on this side.

Best

Robert

Teltonika FM5500

Hi

thank you Robert!
I will try it!