Hide "Code" field - Driver's Properties - Access Rights

Тема: Hide "Code" field - Driver's Properties - Access Rights

Dear,

We use a numeric keypad in place the iButton where the driver enters a password to unlock the vehicle. Because this password should be secret, it can only be seen in the Driver's proprieties to authorized users.

It turns out that all users must see the list of drivers but they can not edit the driver's record. But even without the right to edit, create or delete a driver, he can see the window Driver's proprieties and so he can see the password (Code).

My suggestion is when you can see the driver list but not direct you to edit, create or delete, it can not see the driver's window proprieties.

What is the reason that my request?
Answer: In addition to the already mentioned above, the Code Fild is a password (not a code of iButton), I need the user to view only the list of the driver to let him know, in the monitoring window, the drivers they are driving the vehicle fleet. In the current situation of Wialon if user has no direct access "View Driver" it is not possible for the user to see which vehicle the driver is driving.

Re: Hide "Code" field - Driver's Properties - Access Rights

My suggestion is to create a check box next to the field "Code" making it an Admin field. So who can not see the admin fields will not see the Code field. See picture with my suggestion.

• Hide "Code" field - Driver's Properties - Access Rights

engenharia, I would suggest that you use different combinations of characters for driver's code and driver's password. It that possible?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

alek пишет:

engenharia, I would suggest that you use different combinations of characters for driver's code and driver's password. It that possible?

Alek Thanks for the suggestion but does not solve my problem. Regardless of how the driver's password is, it may not be visible.

Make the field "Code" as an admin field is still the best solution for this situation.

The point is that even if we hide this code in driver's dialog, it'll still be available in messages, page code, through SDK, etc.
That's because driver as system object does not have separated items inside it to place access rights upon (like sensors inside a unit or custom fields inside a user).

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam

Alek I understand. but by CMS I could remove the tab "Messages" from the main Wialon screen and also the "Sensors" tab of the properties of the unit.

And restricting the user does not have access to your account settings, it also will not see the parameters.

Already the SDK our customers will not have access.

Therefore, only the Code field is still visible to our customers. And if it is implemented the admin field, do not have another place where it can be viewed password driver.

engenharia, due to very low quality of security level for such solution, we are not ready to hide drive codes as admin fields.
In comparison to other admin fields, the driver codes require disabling multiple of other services and disabling multiple of other access rights. We doubt that any other partner will need, like or find this solution intuitive.