Ignoring ODB2 CAN zero data values in reports

(28/03/2016 12:17:12 отредактировано TrackerGuy19)

Тема: Ignoring ODB2 CAN zero data values in reports

Hello,

Would like to know where and how to configure unit or reports in way that rises and falls to and from 0 is ignored in Fuel Consumption report.

Already have tried Filtration
and Thefts detection, but have not given any result.

The fuel chart is follow:

The client uses OBD2 CAN device that reads data from ECU and somehow, the info for fuel level cannot be read at times in drive  (other info RPM, speed is valid).

How to parse out the dropped values in reports ?

Thank you

Re: Ignoring ODB2 CAN zero data values in reports

TrackerGuy19  i think this is a kind of common issue using CAN. I'd suggest you to follow some of our hints to get it resolved.

Business Development Manager
Gurtam

Re: Ignoring ODB2 CAN zero data values in reports

poal пишет:

TrackerGuy19  i think this is a kind of common issue using CAN. I'd suggest you to follow some of our hints to get it resolved.

In your link, the first way is to set lower bound. In this case (according to picture) the bound cannot be determined because the drop is nevertheless there even when I set the lower bound very high. On the other hand, the lower bound cannot be higher than the minimal value and basically ... car tank min value is 0.1

The alternative solution worked where there was identical new virtual fuel level sensor made with calculation table which returns values 0 or 1.
Then the real sensor uses that information with not-null check validator.

At the moment, the graph is looking better, but there are also drops like real level -> 0(L) -> 7 -> 0 -> 54 -> real level and the graph show data as
real level ->  7L -> 54 -> real level and there is nothing to do about that.

Thank you for the link.