Compatible on Windows CE platform

Тема: Compatible on Windows CE platform

Is or will Wialon be available for use on Windows CE platform?

We have a client who has their own using Windows CE platform as this is the platform that runs their application on the CN15O Intermec devices.  The drivers already carry this device for the purpose of POD’S and would have been good to have the tracking incorporated given it also uses gsm technology via a sim card.

If you were able to have the wialon app compatible with CE Mobile it would almost eliminate the whole national need for the use of their current solution and inbuilt gps devices for subcontractors and company drivers.

Be interested in your thoughts regarding this.

Thanks,
Alan.

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Re: Compatible on Windows CE platform

If you ask about mobile tracker application (like GpsTag or Wiatag) -- these trackers are available for iOs and Android only.
We have no such applications for Windows CE.

Also if current solution "Intermec devices" has some coomunication protocol with server -- we can analyze this protocol and integrate it into Wialon. The integration terms can be discussed after receiving all details and protocol.
Thanks.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Thanks yavi.

If an intergration was possible would this still make tracking, monitoring and reporting available via Wialon hosting?

If their current POD and delivery software operated off ios or android it would be perfect and an easy resolve. They simply wish to be able to track the deliveries via the one device - they don't require driver interaction with the gps tag.

I will look into what you suggest after Easter break and speak with client. Is there any likelihood of wialon making it compatible with win ce?

Cheers.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Please describe more about CN15O Intermec devices.
Actually I'm not sure that understood your task correctly.

We don't plan to develop application for Windows CE because this platform is not very popular nowadays.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Personally I know little myself and also agree the platform is not hugely popular. Unfortunately they are a large company that has chosen this for a particular delivery/dispatch software - software that they like.

I will speak with them further, maybe the software can be addapted to ios and android.

Onwards and Upwards!!

(24/03/2016 16:22:59 отредактировано yavi)

Please describe more about CN15O Intermec devices.   May be some weblink with description.  I stil don't understand what does the customer use now.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

FleetPursuit, please search for any GPS tracking application for Windows CE available on the market that sending data to remote server in real time and has protocol available for integration.

At the dark side of telematics...

yavi пишет:

Please describe more about CN15O Intermec devices.   May be some weblink with description.  I stil don't understand what does the customer use now.

I will see what I can obtain from the client and let you know.

Onwards and Upwards!!