Coban TK-103

Тема: Coban TK-103

Hello there,

I have a Coban TK-103 on field test right now, and it is working very well for my needs. The plan is getting about 50 of these set up for a customer.

Was trying to setup tracking on the free trial, but my device unfortunately is not listed. I was hoping that it would work as the other "compatible" (clone/original) tracker, Xexun TK-103, but I couldn't make the server receive any info about the tracker.

Configured it as TK-103 and even TK-102 on the unit's properties to no avail. No tracking info was received on the site, from what I can see. (Testing account is test12960758540    , if you guys can see some debug info from there)

Will I have to stay with the basic ugly gpstrackerxy.com site or can I still count on Wialon? REALLY like the features here smile

Coban TK-103

Re: Coban TK-103

eliphas,
please, send your device ID, we will check logs.

WDC Administrator
Gurtam

Coban TK-103

(28/01/2011 17:36:21 отредактировано crabi)

I have the same problem.

I think that the problem is the coban T103 have un imei of 15 digits and the xexun t103 permit an imei of 12 digit

I resolve the problem, settings me device like xexun t102 ( you must use the server for t102 device) and work fine,but can´t stop the car.

Regards

Carlos

Coban TK-103

bako пишет:

eliphas,
please, send your device ID, we will check logs.

It's the only tracker on the account test12960758540, the imei is 353451040220624. It was pointed to wialon (TK103 port) in 17/01, from around 17:05GMT to 17:30GMT, then I changed to TK102 port and waited until around 17:50GMT.

The tracker is configured back to gpstrackerxy now, but I can change it back when it finishes the trip back here today.

crabi пишет:

I think that the problem is the coban T103 have un imei of 15 digits and the xexun t103 permit an imei of 12 digit

I resolve the problem, settings me device like xexun t102 ( you must use the server for t102 device) and work fine,but can´t stop the car.

I tried setting it as 102 too, changed the tracker type on the site and the port number on the tracker, tested about 15 minutes then changed it back. No messages received on the site...

Coban TK-103

You can use the command "check123456" to check if the device is GPRS ON, if this is ok , check if the ser address that you uses is 77.74.50.78 port 20175, and them you send the command "fix***n020s123456" or "t***n020s123456" depending of the version of your firmware.

Regards

Coban TK-103

(28/01/2011 23:04:11 отредактировано eliphas)

Yes, I did change the adminip to 77.74.50.78 and port 20222 (tk-103) on the first try, on the second the port was 20157 (tk102).
I did the GPRS123456 and then check123456 to see if gprs status was on, it was.

The auto-track command would be t020s***n123456, but I didn't need to set it on the gpstrackerxy site. And I think this would only send SMS status messages, no? And even if the device is not sending status at a specified interval, it should "ping" the server, appearing as online in the map?

I thought that on GPRS mode the server itself would set the tracker interval - At least this is how it does on the gpstrackerxy site, I don't need to set auto-track by SMS, there is a "track" button there where I set the interval.

On another tought, looking back on the TK102 config page, it lists the auto-track command as required, and seems to need phone number both of the tracker (on the server) and the server (on the tracker, added by the adminsms command I think).

I have just ignored this config steps, as I really need to use GPRS-only tracking. SMS messages are really expensive here (about Us$0.2 each in a prepaid plan), whereas GPRS data (in the amounts needed to track the device) would be orders of magnitude cheaper (less than Us$10 for 50MB/month).

Edit: Looking at the sister gps-trace forum, another guy had problems on the same day, with a original TK-102. Maybe it was just a glitch on the matrix and today all is working fine? smile Don't know, will test it when the tracker gets back here.

Coban TK-103

eliphas пишет:

will test it when the tracker gets back here.

I now have the tracker in the bench, GPRS connected, gpstrackerxy.com still fine. Still no luck seeing it online in the wialon map, or even a status on the log report. Tried with the 20222 tk-103 port and 20157 tk-102 port numbers.

I think the protocols are not really the same; on gpstrackerxy.com it blinks the LED at regular 2 seconds (meaning all right) all the time. Check command will result on GPRS:ON.
On wialon, it regularly (about a minute or so) switchs between the 2 secs and the 1 sec blink (meaning some problem), then again and again. If I "check" when the tracker is on the 1 sec blink, it responds with GPRS:OFF, otherwise, GPRS:ON.

At which time (please include GMT time zone) I am more likely to get a more real time chat with gurtam members, so we can see what could be the problem? I could wake up earlier or get to sleep later smile

Coban TK-103

eliphas, 9-18 GMT+02 (EET), support - 8-20.

But if you do not represent a company which is our customer, then, probably, your chances for support here are near zero, especially for this 100 types of firmware/protocol tracker (tk-103). Only GPS-Trace forum can help you.

But if you are our customer, then you may be 100% sure it will work with Wialon, after our engineer will look at it.

At the dark side of telematics...

Coban TK-103

shal пишет:

But if you do not represent a company which is our customer, then, probably, your chances for support here are near zero, especially for this 100 types of firmware/protocol tracker (tk-103). Only GPS-Trace forum can help you.

But if you are our customer, then you may be 100% sure it will work with Wialon, after our engineer will look at it.

Thanks for the fast and really-to-the-point reply, shal.

Well, technically I am not a customer. My employer now have the task to find, configure, and support a cost-effective GPS tracking device and nice website tracker for a customer. I am in the process of finding, evaluating, and selecting the best trackers and systems for that (was made aware that cost is very important, so any "pro" trackers are automatically out of the table). By the availability, import taxes, freight, the GPS103 from Coban or the "real" TK-103 from Xexun are the most likely candidates so far -- and I am still waiting for the Xexun to come.

I browsed your website, used the demo account, liked the system, requested a quote for 50 units (Anton Hamalinski - Gurtam Sales, was very fast on the subject!).
My company liked the pricing range and sent me on to verify real compatibility issues with the trackers we have in mind.

So, I got to the site and created the fully functional 30-day trial account, like Mr. Anton kindly pointed me to do, and here I am, trying to see if this tracker will work with the system, like I was commanded to.

Would this at least make me a "pre-customer", with maybe 50% sure chances of tracker working? At least trying? I need to get a leap of faith from support smile

Anyway, now is 16:20 localtime (20:20 GMT+2), so... I will wait.

Coban TK-103

eliphas,
please, check private messages

WDC Administrator
Gurtam

Coban TK-103

Thanks bako, message replied.

Will update this thread with our results smile

Coban TK-103

I am facing the same problem with my Coban TK-103A device. How to resolve it?

Coban TK-103

The device I are used is the Coban T102 and T103, I set my devices on your server assimilated a "Xexun T102" and it works pretty well with the theme of the position, but I had problems with the speed reported as it is lower than the real.

Do you have any solution for this problem?

Thanks, Regards

Coban TK-103

(09/02/2011 19:28:26 отредактировано bako)

crabi
maybe your tracker sends speed in knots. we register speed parameter as km/h by default. Check it by conversion speed value from monitornig site to km/h. 1 knot = 1,852 km/h

WDC Administrator
Gurtam

Coban TK-103

The GPS report Km/h, but maybe can work this convertion, where i can configured this setting?

I not found the option where change it.

regards

Carlos

Coban TK-103

Hi,

I configured my device as Xexun TK-102, but its still not recieiving and data. The logs are empty. Can someone please check it, my id is test12972567450 and i have only one device.

Regards,
Mukesh

Coban TK-103

i have a similar problem

Coban TK-103

Dear,

I am very interested in your software, we have evaluated some time and it seems perfect, the only drawback is that we continue to have the problem of speed, actual speed is less than the speed recorded in the system, know any way to solve this problem ?, to obtain an affirmative answer could contract the service quickly.

Greetings and thanks

Coban TK-103

crabi, do you know any possibility to detect in the protocol if speed is in knots or in kmh? If yes, let me know - we will implement it.
If no, can you check any settings in device configuration that can update this field?
If no, did you searched for any different device's firmware that will send speed as other 95% of devices of the same manufacturer?

Coban TK-103

Hello again guys,
I had a busy week and didn't find time to share my findings.
Anyway, I waited without feedback much more than actually trying to do something smile

The solution for my problem was really just doing everything again and again, then one time it worked (the basic positioning, at least) as the TK-102. I didn't even made tests with the tracker on a vehicle after that.

I just stopped using the Coban and am now testing the original Xexun TK-103-2 (as TK-102 too).

Along these weeks, I received many responses from other people in other forums, and most of them did exactly this, stopped trying to get the Coban work and jumped to other test tracker. We are now testing the TK-103-2... at least it worked fine right on the second try, as a TK-102.

Anyway, I can bet that this Coban GPS-103A I have sends the speed in KNOTS, too. I sniffed some data using the windows server that comes with the tracker and wireshark, before trying Wialon, and the difference was clear in high speeds. The windows server reported the correct velocity in km/h.

There is no setup on the tracker to change this to km/h, at least not in the manual I have.

It looks like that when sending the info via GPRS it sends the raw data it gets from the chip -- the speed of the Coban on my bench was 0.00 only half the time, the other half it was 0.05, 0.11, 0.03, etc... When sending by SMS, it converted and rounds this down to 0.0 km/h, so it is pre-processed when sending by SMS.

The Xexun always gives me 0.0 km/h from both SMS and GPRS when stopped, making me think that it always preprocess the NMEA info that the GPS module spits out.

Coban TK-103

Dear Shal,

I've been working on the same topic and I think we have a solution with your help

Shal пишет:

crabi, do you know any possibility to detect in the protocol if speed is in knots or in kmh? If yes, let me know - we will implement it.

After the efforts of our engineers have deciphered the protocol sent to the server by the device "Coban T103A"

The protocol is as follows:
imei:35345104052XXXX,tracker,1102180122,,F,042225.000,A,3327.4618,S,07036.6390,W,52.48,;
(the imei was modifided for me)

You're right, the speed showed by the protocol is in Knots, the speed at which the tests are conducted at 100 km / h and the protocol indicates 52.48.

I think the best solution is adding a new special device for this situation, and make the transformation of the units. We need to have the speed in km / h

Tell me how we continue with this, once the changes are made and tested, we will buy your services.

need my test user?

Regards
and thanks for your time.

Crabi

Coban TK-103

crabi, yes, please give your user name for trial version.

Coban TK-103

(19/02/2011 21:08:39 отредактировано crabi)

my user is test12962171020
you can test with the unit "chevrolet aveo"

regards and thanks

Coban TK-103

crabi, please put units online.

Coban TK-103

crabi, I checked raw messages, seems that other devices sending speed in knots, so now it is converted to km/h.