Trailer assignment using QR code

Тема: Trailer assignment using QR code

Is it possible that Scanning a QR code can trigger assignment/detachment of a specific trailer to a unit?
The Challange:
My drivers have difficulty in trailer attachment reporting. They usually text the dispatcher that they have picked up a specific trailer at a certain time. Now the dispatchers enter the trailer assignment data manually to Wialon using "Manual assignment of trailers" it involves a lot of work for larger fleet and there are certainly chances of mistake.
The Goal:
My goal is to generate  QR codes identifying the trailer info(number, code etc), print and paste every trailer's QR code and paste to the body of the trailer.
Now each time a driver picks up the trailer, he/she should just scan the QR code and the related trailer should be attached to the unit that is assigned to driver already.
Upon completing the Trip, driver should rescan the QR code and the Trailer should be detached from that specific unit.
Is it possible somehow?
Appreciate your help

Re: Trailer assignment using QR code

ehsan.younas Passengers module use the described logic, when the first code is considered as an assignment code and the next code separates a passenger from a unit. Technically, it is possible.
There is a concern, however. How the driver will be scanning the codes? For the logic to work, the code of a trailer should be received from a unit.

Thanks for your reply.
Most of Android devices have built-in QR code readers and if not, driver can install QR code reader that redirects them to trailer assignment module. That's the logic I'm trying to build.

ehsan.younas пишет:

Most of Android devices have built-in QR code readers and if not, driver can install QR code reader that redirects them to trailer assignment module. That's the logic I'm trying to build.

To assign a specific trailer to a specific unit, the code should be received from that specific unit.

So, the trackers that you have in the vehicles, they should be sending the codes to Wialon.

Otherwise, your task can be only solved with the help of SDK. You can develop an own solution, that assigns and separates trailers according to the described logic.

Other considerations. If you can use just the phone with the WiaTag app installed, then you can have a tracking device and a scanner in one device.