Filter/mask possibility in messages

Тема: Filter/mask possibility in messages

Currently when Wialon user tries to get Messages either from Wialon reports Message tracing table or with Messages API, there is no option to filter the messages. Would be perfect to add functionality to get only the messages that contain the parameter that the user is interested in.

Re: Filter/mask possibility in messages

tesnum you can create a sensor basing on the required parameter and generate Sensor tracing report with the filter by the name of that particular sensor only. Plus, there is an option to skip invalid values (messages without the required parameter).

hi pach, thanks for your comment. The situation is the following. We created an application which is integrated with Wialon and getting data about hundreds or thousands of units. We can not ask all our users to open their Units in Wialon, create Sensor with the name that we will need etc. We also do not want automatically create those sensors in their units using Wialon API. So, the best solution is to get all necessary data directly from the messages. If we could apply some filter on messages, then we will receive exactly what we need.

tesnum I absolutely agree, that if the case is about custom development, reports should not be used. It is better to request messages via API and filter on your side. So, the question is not about adding filtration into the reports or messages tab, the question is about developing an own solution using SDK.

You can clarify about API in the relevant thread: https://forum.wialon.com/viewforum.php?id=59

Actually, having the filter in Message tracing report will solve the issue because the API is allowing to execute reports remotely. A lot of our data that we are getting from Wialon we are getting them as reports. If Gurtam recommends moving this request to SDK requests, then I can move it there but still I think it is important feature to have it in reports as well.