New Task: Recalculate Data

(23/04/2021 14:40:40 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Тема: New Task: Recalculate Data

Hello,

Problem:
We already had some troubles that we needed to solve with support team that the solution was to recalculate every messages during a period from the unit.
But the new function I'm proposing comes from a common trouble caused because we use the trackers in a mode that when they are without GPRS, they send first the last location and then the buffered messages. This always cause counters to be calculated in a wrong way, creating an inaccuracy of the data received by the platform (always for greater).
Other thing is that sometimes the mobile app doesn't show any trip when the delay of messages is too long (more than three days, for example)

Solution:
The platform could have a new improvement, a task for recalculating data for a X period, this would fix the error of counters and sync the data between the mobile app and Wialon.

--

I don't know how is the structure Wialon x Wialon App and if it would allow this improvement, but in other platform we used to use, we had an option to recalculate data by ourselves and we used many times.

I know also that we could just change the configuration of the trackers, but we already have received a lot of complains when the trackers are in locations without GPRS: this buffer mode helps a lot the clients to have more accuracy to locate the vehicles in areas with low signal.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: New Task: Recalculate Data

Hello dear Fernando Brochetto,

Thank you for your proposal. I have prepared a little information and comments on your idea.

we use the trackers in a mode that when they are without GPRS, they send first the last location and then the buffered messages. This always cause counters to be calculated in a wrong way, creating an inaccuracy of the data received by the platform (always for greater).

I think you know there are currently 2 methods of processing in the Wialon:
1. Real-time Data Processing and data recalculation (events system).
2. Processing messages from the Database upon Request.

When you say recalculations, you are talking about the first method, which is not applied everywhere. For example, at the moment, the counters values in the Wialon Hosting interface (in the tooltip, for example) are calculated by messages (the second method) in online mode. In this regard, the messages coming from the black box are processed correctly and should not cause any problems.
Based on the above, we can conclude: since the interface in the calculation of counter values does not use events, no recalculation is required.

I can't say that there can't be problems with the counters for other reasons, so you need to deal with specific cases and look for the cause (e.g. the Timeout and Maximum interval between messages options are only accounted for in reports and do not work for online counters, so there may be issues with the calculation of the counters).
If you have any questions about the counters, please send cases for review in private messages.

Other thing is that sometimes the mobile app doesn't show any trip when the delay of messages is too long (more than three days, for example)

Indeed, in a trip situation there may be a discrepancy between the mobile app and the Hosting, in particular due to black box messages. This is because messages uploaded from the black box older than one day are not included in the events for online registration. It is therefore necessary to recalculate the events in one of two ways:
1) contacting technical support;
2) changing the settings. You can change the unit properties in Advanced, Trip Detector, Sensors tabs and after 15 minutes the data will be recalculated automatically (you can change to another value, save and then return the required value afterwards). However, the recalculation period is dynamic, i.e. if you open the mobile app's trip history for example for 10 days, the trips in that period will be recalculated.

The platform could have a new improvement, a task for recalculating data for a X period, this would fix the error of counters and sync the data between the mobile app and Wialon.

As for adding a new button (new function) to user interface, it is not a new suggestion - we have already discussed this issue some time ago. But here we have some concerns about frequency of using it: if users use it too often (I think you know that undiscovered buttons are used not only when needed, but also for fun), then we may get a very heavy load on servers, which can lead to incorrect calculation of events.

----------------------------------

What conclusion can be formulated: at the moment we need to improve the registration of events, taking into account messages from the black box older than 24 hours. In this case, the events will be recalculated taking into account these messages, respectively, there will be no discrepancies that you describe.
We have already created such a task. When I have news on the implementation timeline, I will let you know.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana, thank you for your answer.
Today I opened another ticket with support because I had a problem with a unit that uploaded the messages with a delay from 3 days, no speedings were recorded in the report of speedings. So this actually happens a lot, I really think some improvements must be done.

When you say recalculations, you are talking about the first method, which is not applied everywhere. For example, at the moment, the counters values in the Wialon Hosting interface (in the tooltip, for example) are calculated by messages (the second method) in online mode. In this regard, the messages coming from the black box are processed correctly and should not cause any problems.
Based on the above, we can conclude: since the interface in the calculation of counter values does not use events, no recalculation is required.

I'll try to describe it better.
For example, if a vehicle is in a area without any signal from 08 to 18 and have low priority for sending the buffer.

- the unit have the counter 500.00
- the unit turn the engine three times with 3 hours each time
- the unit should now have the engine hours conter of 509.00
- as the platform haven't received anything new, it remaings 500.00
- now the unit go to a place where it have signal, going back home.
- the tracker sends first the last message, it is now 18:30, the tracker sends a packet with engine on in the way back home and then start sending the older packets

How will the platform calculate the counter of engine on? Will the 9 hours worked in the area without signal be calculated if the unit has sent first the last packet?

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

It will work as follows:

7.59 - engine hours off, counter value is 500
from 8.00 to 18.00 no data arrives
at 18.30, when a message comes with information that the engine hours have turned on, Wialon starts counting engine hours. Let's say the unit travels for 1 hour, the counter value becomes 501. At the same time, while the unit is moving, the tracker unloads old messages from the black box, for example, from 8 to 18.
Because from 7.59 to 18.30 the engine hours were turned off, then Wialon will add the ignition switch-on interval if there are corresponding messages from the black box. Those, for your example will add 9 hours of work. Therefore, the total engine hours conter will be 510.

Answering your question: yes, 9 hours will be counted in the counter when the corresponding packages are received from the black box.
If you have any problems with calculating the values of the engine hours counter, please send specific examples.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana,
Just wanting to clarify my question a little better. And if he stops at 8:00 with the ignition on, at 8:01 already in black box, with no GSM signal, the equipment keeps the positions until 18:00, when he managed to signal again, but this whole period between 8:01 until 18:00 he had the ignition off, he finds signal again only when he turns on the ignition at 18:01, having a direct jump interval of 10 hours, the counter will add 10 hours, but after the tracker sends the packages from 8:01 until 18:00 will be corrected that he was not actually with engine on for 10 hours?

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

You have correctly described the logic of calculating engine hours counter in such a situation.

Indeed, if the unit stopped with the ignition on at 8.00 and then receives no more data until 18.00, then when the unit messages start coming in (18.00), we will add 10 hours.
Further, after unloading the messages from the black box, the system will see that there are actually intervals between 8.00 and 18.00 where the ignition is off, then these intervals will be subtracted.
For example, from 8.00 to 9.00 the unit was actually running, from 9.00 to 18.00 it was not. In this case, subtract 9 hours. The result would be 10 - 9 = 1 hour of actual work.

Such situations do occur when an unit arrives at a place where it is no longer possible to send data, but the ignition is still on.

The opposite situation is also possible: if the unit has stopped and turned off the ignition, after which no messages from the unit come for some time, after unloading messages from the black box, we will add intervals of engine hours, if they were at the time interval in question.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon