New Options for Drivers and Trailers

Тема: New Options for Drivers and Trailers

Hi GT

We have the option Exclusive in Driver and Trailer modules. From documents we know:

If this flag is enabled, this driver can be the only one assigned to a unit. In case you bind this driver to a unit (in real time) which already has one or more assigned drivers, those drivers are reset automatically. This flag works only for drivers within a common resource.

This option is great but based on my experience we need another option which should work this way:

If we enable new option then the driver/trailer can be assigned to one unit only. This means if the driver/trailer assigned to a unit, the system should unbind this driver/trailer from all other units that this driver/trailer is bound to them previously.

Let's check a real example and find how such an option will solve the problem:

Consider that we have Unit 1, Unit 2, Driver A and Driver B. The Driver A is bound to Unit 1 currently, then the Driver A wants to drive Unit 2 so goes to that vehicle and use his card/iButton. In this case the Driver A will be bound to both Unit 1 and Unit 2. After some while the Driver B starts driving Unit 1 and doesn't use his card/iButton. In such a case the Driver A is bound to both units and the Driver B is shown as a free driver and not bound to any unit.
I understand that there are some ways to investigate and find what happened exactly later based on binding times but that is not easy when we are talking about hundreds of units and drivers. Same can happen for trailers also. In most cases (not always) a driver/trailer can be bind to one unit at same time so such an option is helpful.

Re: New Options for Drivers and Trailers

Hi hhamedk,

Thank you again for a such detailed description of the suggestion you have.

I will combine this with the shifts creation we have discussed in another thread, since the Shifts creation involves the whole Drivers redesign anyway.

Also I've thought maybe it would be useful to create a notification in case Driver\Trailer is assigned to the several units at once? Instead of silent unbinding. What do you think?

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hi mapa,

Also I've thought maybe it would be useful to create a notification in case Driver\Trailer is assigned to the several units at once? Instead of silent unbinding. What do you think?

Let's call what I requested here in this post the New Exclusive Type. I think the New Exclusive Type should work independently as we are talking about automatic binding feature and if we enable New Exclusive Type we expect the system to unbind the driver/trailer automatically from all other units.
The Idea of having a notification for bound driver/trailer to several units is useful but I guess that is another case, because if I enable the New Exclusive Type I don't except the Wialon to let binding of drivers/trailers to several units. That notification type you explained is really useful for manual bindings or when we don't want to enable New Exclusive Type but we want to be informed about cases that drivers\trailers are assigned to the several units.

hhamedk,

thank you for the details!

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)