Thank you for such detailed and useful request! I fully agree with you that the electric vehicles should be properly monitored in the Wialon. We are currently analyzing the parameters we should add to the electric vehicles' profiles.
As far as I understand the difference between the Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV's) and Plug In Hybrid Vehicles is that the first ones are pure Electric vehicles, while latter are Hybrids mixing electric fuel and diesel\gasoline\gas, is that correct?
We are currently working on providing the unified library of the fuel types in the "Fuel type" field, which will help us to apply the option "Electric" to the EVs and based on that the parameters of the EV will be added to the monitoring and reports.
I have written down some comments, could you please answer questions stated below?
- State of Charge of Traction Battery (SOC) - do you want it to be displayed on the monitoring panel by default? Does it needed to be added to the reports? Could the State of Charge depend on several batteries?
I also want to mention, that battery level could be added to the monitoring with current functionality. You have to add "Battery" to the Monitoring panel and then in the Advanced setting of the unit - connect proper sensor to the "Battery". Thus the battery level will be displayed in the monitoring
- Remaining Autonomy - usually it is calculated by the vehicle's software, is that correct? Why is it important for you to monitor it in the system? I would assume that such info is more important for the driver than in the Monitoring. Please correct me if I am wrong.
- Charging Events - I think that it should be the full alternative of the Fuel Filling events, right? Should be added to the reports, charts, tracks etc?
- Energy Consumed in kWh - is that is the same as fuel consumed from battery during the trips, right?
- Energy Purchased in kWH - do you mean by that definition how many energy was consumed in order to charge the battery?
- Cost per Trip in kWH with ability to insert Price - this is not linked with Electric Vehicles, in my opinion. This could be spread on any unit in the Wialon. I mean, the cost of trips based on prices of the fuel which you want to be inserted by the users.
- Ambient Temperature - could be added as custom sensor with current functionality as well. But you want to have this information stored so that the reports could be run on that too, right?
- State of Battery Health (SOH) - pretty important info to have, I suppose. But it also depends whether the battery could export information like that to us.
- For Plug-in Hybrids we need to provide both fuel and energy consumption with an optimization calculation. - that one is pretty clear.
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to view this text
Wialon Business Analyst
"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)