Why the eelink device was sending old data

Тема: Why the eelink device was sending old data

I was having trouble with figuring out why the eelink device was sending old data. SMS queries like URL? responded with current and accurate location and time. But the info being sent to traccar was a day old.

I force cleared all the pending packages with an SMS CLEAR# command. Immediately the info sent to the server was current and accurate. However I watched the logs and saw that it began to fall behind again and start sending old data.

SOLUTION: I changed the server address on the eelink devices to use UDP instead of TCP. SERVER,udp://domain_name.com:6054# -it has been running up to date for a day now and doesn't seem to fall behind. I guess there is a lot of overhead with TCP headers for fault correction and maybe the little processors on these things can't decode the server acknowledgement responses quickly enough and so it falls behind if you are sending packages too frequently (I'm only doing one every 5 mins at idle). That's my theory anyway. UDP (User Datagram Protocol) is faster because there are no checks for data integrity. I just though I'd share this to maybe help someone else who is new to this like me.

It is weird that the hex reports have now changed the first identifying bytes from 6767 to 454c... Just figured it out... There is a new UDP header added so the server can try to verify it has the whole correct UDP package. If you look down the hex several characters the 6767 is still there.

IOT tracking devices hardware engineer ,technical Support at Eelink

Why the eelink device was sending old data

Re: Why the eelink device was sending old data

wanghai wanghai If you represent Eelink please send hw@gurtam.com the latest version of communication protocol with new header.
Also TCP always more reliable method of data transfering. Please check TCP protocol and device firmware for TCP too because it's important for customers that needs 100% data delivery. UDP can't guarantee delivery.
Thank you.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon