Engine Off

Тема: Engine Off

Hello,

The information of Trips/Engine Hours + Stops + Parkings is not completing 24 hours in a day, I'm sending some screenshots.

1. Another option that could be added is to detect the parkings/stops only if the vehicle is with the engine off. This would make the sum of stops + parkings be the engine off period and the engine off + engine on complete 24 hours.

2. The reports of engine hours/statistics could also include the information of engine off.

• Engine Off
  • Engine Off
  • Engine Off
  • Engine Off
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Engine Off

Re: Engine Off

Hello,

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

The information of Trips/Engine Hours + Stops + Parkings is not completing 24 hours in a day, I'm sending some screenshots.

Engine hours (e/h) is the duration of engine being on, while trips/stops/parkings are connected with movement status. So you should expect them to give 24 hours as a sum.
There can be e/h with no movement (idling) and movement with no e/h (when e/h counter is set up wrong). Also stops are the part of trips.

1. Another option that could be added is to detect the parkings/stops only if the vehicle is with the engine off.

If trip detector is set up to engine ignition sensor and no additional GPS filtration is turned on, then parkings are detected when ignition is off.

This would make the sum of stops + parkings be the engine off period and the engine off + engine on complete 24 hours.
2. The reports of engine hours/statistics could also include the information of engine off.

Please, clarify, why do you need this.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

Engine Off

(09/09/2019 04:28:57 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello zark,

Engine hours (e/h) is the duration of engine being on, while trips/stops/parkings are connected with movement status. So you should expect them to give 24 hours as a sum.
There can be e/h with no movement (idling) and movement with no e/h (when e/h counter is set up wrong). Also stops are the part of trips.

Yes, I understand, however it is not resulting in 24 hours because there is intervals which the vehicle has the engine on but it's been considering parking or stops too, in the screenshots I've sent before. Even the sum of trip + parkings + stops isn't resulting the right value.

If trip detector is set up to engine ignition sensor and no additional GPS filtration is turned on, then parkings are detected when ignition is off.

Every unit tracked in our user has the trip detector set to ignition sensor, minimum speed 1 km/h and parks above 300 seconds.
The information of engine off is very used here. Many companyes works almost 24 hours a day (in three shifts) and the vehicles must have the engine on almost the whole time, so they use the opposite value: engine off instead of engine on.

Fernando Brochetto

Engine Off

Even the sum of trip + parkings + stops isn't resulting the right value.

Stops are the part of trips. So the correct formula is:
24 hours = trips + parkings + time before the first message + time after the last message

Many companyes works almost 24 hours a day (in three shifts) and the vehicles must have the engine on almost the whole time, so they use the opposite value: engine off instead of engine on.

Unfortunately it is still not clear, what do they use engine off for.
Probably, you can show us the expected result with some example.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky

Engine Off

(12/09/2019 15:11:40 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello zark, thank you for your answer!
Please, look the screenshots.

24 hours = trips + parkings + time before the first message + time after the last message

Got it, but what do you mean about time before the first message and time after the last message? Which state the vehicle would have at these intervals?

Probably, you can show us the expected result with some example.

Yes, look at the second screenshot, this is the value needed.

• Engine Off
  • Engine Off
Fernando Brochetto

Engine Off

what do you mean about time before the first message and time after the last message? Which state the vehicle would have at these intervals?

If you open tab "Messages" and request messages for 1 day, you'll see the first message timestamp, e.g. 00:01:03. We know nothing about unit state during the interval 00:00:00-00:01:02, so this time interval is not detected as a trip or a parking.

look at the second screenshot, this is the value needed.

Currently there is no possibility to get such a result in table "Engine hours".
As an alternative you can create a digital sensor, that is active when engine is off, and use table "Digital sensors".

Also you can share an idea of new feature (new column in table "Engine Hours") on the special forum branch to discuss it with developers.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky

Engine Off

Hello zark,

If you open tab "Messages" and request messages for 1 day, you'll see the first message timestamp, e.g. 00:01:03. We know nothing about unit state during the interval 00:00:00-00:01:02, so this time interval is not detected as a trip or a parking.

Got it, I made some calculations with trips + parkings + these times and it worked. Maybe the platform could have an option to use the last position before and the first after the interval + subtracting to the time between the interval selected to have the values 100%. Do you think this is possible?

Currently there is no possibility to get such a result in table "Engine hours".
As an alternative you can create a digital sensor, that is active when engine is off, and use table "Digital sensors".

Ok, no problem.
I did some tests with charts to understand it better, but look at what I found in the screenshots: the vehicle should start a trip when it turn on the ignition, like the configuration of the trips screenshot I posted before. But this is not happening.

• Engine Off
  • Engine Off
Fernando Brochetto

Engine Off

Got it, I made some calculations with trips + parkings + these times and it worked. Maybe the platform could have an option to use the last position before and the first after the interval + subtracting to the time between the interval selected to have the values 100%. Do you think this is possible?

I don't know, but you can discuss it with business analysts on special forum branch.

the vehicle should start a trip when it turn on the ignition, like the configuration of the trips screenshot I posted before. But this is not happening.

If you set up trip detector to ignition sensor, then trip doesn't start when ignition is on. Trips starts only when all the criteria mentioned on corresponding tab are met.
You can make minimal moving speed equal to 0. But I can't understand why do you need it. You can use table "Engine hours" to work with time interval, when ignition is on.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky

Engine Off

I don't know, but you can discuss it with business analysts on special forum branch.

Alright, thank you!

Fernando Brochetto