Best Fuel Monitoring Unit Via ECU

Тема: Best Fuel Monitoring Unit Via ECU

Hello,
Can anyone recommend the best Tracking unit that monitors Fuel readings via the ECU Can Bus?
1. Must have supporting Documents for each vehicle type - Location Of ECU Wire to tap off.
2. Must use Can Reader Clips to read data through the wires. No direct contact with wires.
3. Must have an Unit Configuration Platform to change unit settings - None of this SMS programming.

Must work with Heavy Commercials and popular light commercials.

We have tried a few and they have not work well and fail to read the ECU data, where they are supposed to.

Many thanks in advance.

Glenn

Re: Best Fuel Monitoring Unit Via ECU

LMU4225 will do, if you able to dominate PIDS, SPGN and programming you can add custom code to perform reads on almost any in-vehicle Bus data.
programming als is done by OTA, wich means that you can develop and test in real time with real data from vehicle using PULS platform

--
Spread the AVL- World

(22/03/2017 08:39:35 отредактировано vinkel)

pay attantion on
http://www.mastercan.com/data/dc/Crocodile_FMS.pdf

Спрашивайте про контроль топлива и CAN

Hi Glenn,

there is only one "ready" product i know: https://squarell.com/products/flex/
They have perfect documentation and most other "providers" just copying there vehicle informations.

Costs? So much that your customers never will pay for it!

Wolf.

P.S. you are looking for something, which everybody of us is looking since years and nobody found :-(

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(22/04/2017 21:21:00 отредактировано hhamedk)

Wolf wrote:

P.S. you are looking for something, which everybody of us is looking since years and nobody found :-(

I agree with you Wolf, but we have to check some devices and find best one. For us, BCE Blue+ works. This is a reliable device that will cover all mentioned requirements.

We use also BCE devices, we have a success rate of round about 70% with canbus data.
But its not the fault of BCE, doesnt matter what HW you use, if you have wrong cables or new "vehicle Firmware" its not that easy...
We do this game since 2010 and still fighting...

Wolf.

Hello Wolf,

Thank you for the info. I agree, we are all looking for the 'One'.
We are also using the BCE units. I have several installations that we are not reading ECU data, even though we install it exactly as per the documentation. It is frustrating as you have to make a few trips to try and get it sorted.

Also the location of the cables can be very different in the same model truck as we have right hand drive vehicles and so they be in a different location.

I agree Squarell is too expensive.

WE will stick with the BCE...

Many thanks
Glenn

Glenn, you're right. vehicles' wiring are different in different counties and regions. most documentations just can give you a lead and you have to find correct installation yourself. share vehicles information that you need to connect ECU and photo of your installation. I will try to ask our technicians regarding installation and hope can help you. this is really a hell...

Hello hhamedk,

Yes we are starting to Document our installs.
Volvos and Merc Actros Trucks can be tricky for us.

WE have a list of 10 vehicles where we cannot get Fuel data...
I might post them up here.

Maybe we can share an ECU "Database" on this forum.

Everyone wants fuel monitoring these days.

Regards Glenn

Glenn, i though about sharing ECU wiring documentations here but it's may not be a good idea because you know many other platform users check Gurtam forum and we may help our competitors in our markets or even maybe Wialon competitors. Gurtam partners are a family but i don't think same way with other platforms service providers.
Other partners, what you think?

From the posts i have read, it seems BCE is quite popular amongst users on the platform. We are using Teltonika LVCAN adapters for this, we have managed to sniff data of the CAN Bus but interpretation of this data is tricky.

@glenn.pearson Hello Glenn.

According to our experience the Volvo CanBus protocol is J1708 (especially for the old trucks). This is the pretty old version of the CAN protocol that we are planning to support on Galileosky devices soon.
For Mercedes Actros trucks it is easier since there is more widespread J1939 with standard FMS but the data comes in encripted form. I will send you the manual on Mercedes CAN connection in PM.

Максим Ревякин,
8-800-234-51-50
http://7gis.ru/

Hello hector,

I agree, it will be accessed by competitors if on the forum. Maybe we can have a Partners only access in our My Gurtam Login?

Just a suggestion.

Cough Cough, Nudge Nudge = Gurtam :-)

Many thanks

Hello MaxGS,

According to our experience the Volvo CanBus protocol is J1708 (especially for the old trucks). This is the pretty old version of the CAN protocol that we are planning to support on Galileosky devices soon.
For Mercedes Actros trucks it is easier since there is more widespread J1939 with standard FMS but the data comes in encripted form. I will send you the manual on Mercedes CAN connection in PM.

The new Volvos are moving to J1939 - 2017 and up. We fid it difficult on some models - we can read 20 parameters except the fuel, which is the one we most want.

Actros - yes we can sometimes get the data, also sometime the ports are closed a we need Merc technicians to open the ports. We had to do this on 4 trucks so far.
I look forward to the PM.

Many thanks

glenn.pearson пишет:

he new Volvos are moving to J1939 - 2017 and up. We fid it difficult on some models - we can read 20 parameters except the fuel, which is the one we most want.

Actros - yes we can sometimes get the data, also sometime the ports are closed a we need Merc technicians to open the ports. We had to do this on 4 trucks so far.

you read FMS messages only or all J1939 PGNs?

Advanced machinery telematics. www.jv-technoton.com www.mastercan.com
Телематика сложных машин. www.technoton.by

Hi,

We are using Teltonika FM1125 and FM5500 to monitor fuel via the CAN Bus, unfortunately We can not interpret some of the data coming into wialon from the fm5500 unit. Can somebody help with a link that has FM5500 param list.

Thanks

yes, its a crux with changing parameterlists. Maybe TT Support ("the brandnew, much better") can post here parameter lists for all actual devices??

Wolf.

Hello,
Has anyone succeeded in reading the ECU data from an 2017 Ford Connect Van-(Euro 6 Engine-  New ODB2 Port.

We tried the usual can Hi and Low on pins 4 and 14 - we tried 3 and 11 as well. No joy.

Got a wiring diagram from Ford- Pins in the Van and the colours are different to Fords Version on paper - unreal!!

Gave registration number and VIN , so there would be no mistake.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks Glenn

hector пишет:

Hi,

We are using Teltonika FM1125 and FM5500 to monitor fuel via the CAN Bus, unfortunately We can not interpret some of the data coming into wialon from the fm5500 unit. Can somebody help with a link that has FM5500 param list.

Thanks

Hello

Parameter list for FM5500 attached. If you were looking for which data some particular param ID in wialons shows unfortunately we can not disclose it as AVL ID's for parameters are part of protocols and we can not share this information publicly. But wialon has all our protocols with Param ID list and if you need parameters represented as it's name and not ID number wialon support should help you.

Ознакомиться с новыми разработками компании Teltonika можно по ссылке: https://teltonika.lt/ru/company/news-room/product-news/
На сайте Wiki, Вы всегда сможете найти информацию о настройке, подключении приборов: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Main_Page
На FTP-сервере найдете новейшие версии прошивок и мануалов для трекеров: http://teltonika.lt/client/ Login: gurtamf Pass: fmArt2254