Position devices based on beacon messages

Тема: Position devices based on beacon messages

Hello,
I'm working with the EV-05 from EVIEW and looks a very good device. I've also manage to translate in Italian the voices and watch messages.

Now I'm writing here because the device is capable to operate with beacons and AP (called Home-Wifi) with these is featuring the possibility to advise when it come close to a knowed beacon or Wifi transmitter. When this occour is also meaning that the GPS is no longer available.

Because the device can send LAT and LON together within the same messages advising is entering in the range of a veacon or wifi it will be fantastic to use these values and reposition the device.

Typicall application is for safety, when a person is outside we should know the position by getting the GPS signal, but when is entering in a place where the GPS signal is not available I can put a Beacon transmitter and be informed immediatly of the new condition, unfortunatly the position of the device is the last know GPS position. In this way I can track people or asset even if these are moving in an area where the GPS signal is not available.

best regards and have a wonderfull 2022

Re: Position devices based on beacon messages

Hello,

let me explain the request better because with the availability of new devices capable of determining the position not only through GNSS, see in fact the location via LBS or via WiFi, it becomes essential for Wialon to be able to manage these conditions as well.
The smartwatch I am using is an example, since it can also locate beacons or AP wifi, it can be used in environments where the GPS signal is absent. The position: lat and lon are associated to the beacon or to the wifi AP and saved inside the smartwatch, so when a "friend" beacon is detected, the message with associated lat and lon of the beacon is sent.
these values can be used to correctly position the device according to the new situation.
I'm sure there are other devices that can operate in a similar way, and broaden the possibility of locating devices using other systems and not just GPS, I consider it a step towards the future.

greetings and I wish everyone a happy and peaceful 2022

edozio пишет:

Hello,
Now I'm writing here because the device is capable to operate with beacons and AP (called Home-Wifi) with these is featuring the possibility to advise when it come close to a knowed beacon or Wifi transmitter. When this occour is also meaning that the GPS is no longer available.

Hi edozio, we tested similar cases with flespi (see BLE Positioned Device chapter): https://flespi.com/blog/ble-beacons-for … navigation

In general I think that ability to store and later use the location of WiFi or some other beacon is something that need to be implemented on the device side. Especially since it does not send wifi networks or beacons that are in the range.

Looking at the list of EV-05 parameters(search "location") I see that it seems like the device already implemented this logic and capable of sending location from various sources. So it looks like you can use the device "as is" in Wialon already.

At the dark side of telematics...

Hello,

actually yes and no, because when a beacon or wifi are detected the device send the appropriate message togerther with LAT and LON but these are not used to position the device. I think it will be easy to adjust the protocol driver to use these parameters when a new message is detected.
with the R&D we already improve a lot the drive, just asking this little more effort...