Events -Extended Storage time

Тема: Events -Extended Storage time

Hello,
I have posted a few posts relating to the storing of Event, especially the Maintenance records. Maintenance records, we feel should be treated as a separate data storage as this pertains to the vehicle repairs and not tracking. Currently one can only store them for 4 months as standard and 1 year with the extension add-on.

A few of my clients use this extensively and will need to refer back to past records for reference, like when was the last clutch replaced and will need to look back at the records. It could be two years ago that it was done. Currently as it stands that information would have disappeared. I know some say that one can download or export it, but if you forget while on leave the data is gone. We cannot have angry customers.

We love the Gurtam system and this is the only shortfall.

Can anyone help on making this work for us in being able to keep the records of events please.

Regards
Glenn

Re: Events -Extended Storage time

hi glenn,

you can use sdk to create your own database and store this data localy or you can create automatic excel records (which i would do).
as reports are generated always by the rawdata, it would need gurtam to store the whole raw data longer as needet... too much recources i would say...

Wolf

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello Wolf,
Thanks for the reply and the feedback. I suppose one could that, but it becomes disjointed. Separate logins, multiple spreadsheets.
I think a few repairs per year per vehicle will not take up that much space?

Many thanks Glenn

Hi ,
I was wondering the same if Wialon could store this for us and consider this as a " Feature request"

Sint

Hello Glenn, Wolf, Yasintha,
Thanks for joining the conversation and suggesting such a great feature.
We have filed it as a feature request and will do our best bring it to life ASAP.

Regards,
Zahar

Hi Zahar,
This is great News thank you !
Much thank to Glenn and Wolf for pushing this smile

Sint

Guys, dont forget to say thanks to POZA by clicking to the thumbs up button under his post. it brings him Karma and free chocolate ;-).

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello All,

Brilliant, Thank you soooo much Zahar. We really look forward to this. I would give you a thousand Thumbs Up...and twenty boxes of chocolate.

Thanks to putting in the idea YSV. It will be a great feature for Customers.

Thanks Wolf for Valued Input and your push as well..

Thank you all once again...
PS: I won't even as for an ETA this early..nudge nudge wink wink... :-0

Regards
Glenn

Guys, Thank you for your thank you!!!