Using %VARIABLE% in commands

Тема: Using %VARIABLE% in commands

Hello,
working with some trackers there is the need to send commands over GPRS, maybe because of a Notification or specific Job.
when the GPRS protocol need to insert the IMEI in the command string to be sent to the tracker this will create a problem because the IMEI change from tracker to tracker requiring to create specific command.
It will be nice to have the possibility to use variables like in the notification, for example %UNIQUE ID%  or %CUSTOM FIELD%, to insert into the command string.
As an example: CS*YYYY*LEN*UPLOAD,time interval

where YYYY is the device unique id

thanks

Re: Using %VARIABLE% in commands

edozio Hello
If this variable is common for all devices of this type HWteam can add such variable into command automatically.
For example sometimes we add IMEI for some units (as you mentioned before)  or password from Wialon unit settings.
If you have the list of trackers and variable parameters which should be added to command automatically please discuss the details with hw@gurtam.com

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

Re: Using %VARIABLE% in commands

Hi Yavi,
I've already submitted this request to the HWTeam, the reply was negative because the pre-formatted commands are related to the driver/model type; according to them is difficult to track all device type and create specific driver. To me this happens with Coban and Wolnex.
the protocol is similar but there aren't commands preconfigured, so I've to write the entire string, IMEI included.
ciao