Wialon password change prompt

(05/08/2020 18:38:53 отредактировано hhamedk)

Тема: Wialon password change prompt

Hi GT

As you know better than everyone, Wialon has a password change prompt at first login of each user. I have checked myself and asked support team also and it seems that the system is designed to let user use same old and new passwords. I believe that this is against the idea of such prompt and I'm asking you to change it.

Re: Wialon password change prompt

Very good suggestion !!

Sint

Hello, dear hhamedk and ysv!

I have searched for requests from other partners about changing the password policy, but found only your previous proposal on this topic.

As Maria has already reported, there are currently no plans to make any changes to this part of the system. Wialon has two-factor authentication, so you can use the system securely and not have to worry about data safety.

However, I am adding your suggestion to our list of product improvements. Such changes should be considered comprehensively, so if we decide to make changes to the password policy, we will consider the request in detail along with all other suggestions.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

mana wrote:

Wialon has two-factor authentication, so you can use the system securely and not have to worry about data safety.

Yes, you are right, we have  two-factor authentication but unfortunately the top-user can't enable it for sub-users. In most systems that the user himself enable  two-factor authentication there is no hierarchical scheme and each user. In Wialon which has a  hierarchical scheme, top-user or admin should be possible to enable  two-factor authentication for sub-users and at their first login they should insert  two-factor authentication details and confirm them (like mail). In Wialon we have lack of both mentioned features.