Possible to add custom sensor on various TYPES & TABLES

Тема: Possible to add custom sensor on various TYPES & TABLES

Hi Everyone,
We are having an account that is quite complicated wherein we are getting the speed on different source and they wanted to consider more the additional speed sensor more than the GPS speed which is basically available in all of the reports.
Now we wanted to know if you will able to consider the custom sensor to become available in different types & Tables.

Type: Units/Unit Groups/Driver/Group of Drivers

Table:
Trips Report
Utilization Report
Speeding Report
Eco Driving Report
Engine Hours
Events
Geofence
Rides
Violation

As you know one of the biggest factor for Eco Driving is the speeding ang GPS basically is lesser that the usual speed of cars/trucks and our clients wants to see the actual speed on the report.

Please see if you can consider this and add it as soon as possible. Thanks!

Regards,

Andro

Re: Possible to add custom sensor on various TYPES & TABLES

Dear andro.tuason,
A couple of months ago we added custom sensor values to the unit and unit group reports to the following tables:
Digital sensors
Summary
Trips
Engine hours
In the nearest update we are going to add these columns to some more tables:
Fuel thefts
Fuel fillings
Geofences
Eco Driving

This list covers most of your requirements. We chose these tables as the most popular. For every new table we need to understand why you need columns into meanwhile this table, what task do you solve.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi Tata,
Good evening, thanks for your reply but I checked all the tables you mentioned with UNIT GROUP Type and none of those having the option to select Custom sensor. I'm I seeing a bug on the system or it was not really added?

As you will do the update in the future, it would be really good to have it also on the speeding report and on the geofence.
When do you plan to implement this?

Regards,

Andro

I'm sorry, Andro. I misinformed you.
This type of column is available for unit type, not unit group. The main reason is that sensors for every unit should have their columns. So, if we show just two sensors for one hundred units, then we should add two hundred columns. That looks unfriendly for sure. the same reason is why we don't have Sensors tracing report in columns view for a unit group, but in rows only. The secondary reason is that we may get an almost unlimited number of columns, e.g. if we build a report for a thousand units with ten custom sensors.

New columns in EcoDriving and Geofences tables will appear in Wialon this week.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam